Dating back to 1660, Mount Gay is one of the oldest estates in the Caribbean and certainly one of the oldest in Barbados. It was established by Dr. William Gay, thought to be a cousin of John Gay who wrote 'The Beggars Opera'. Originally called 'Mount Gilboa', the estate is located in the northern parish of Saint Lucy and was renamed in 1801. There is evidence that there was distilling equipment in the region in 1663, so rum has probably been in production at Mt. Gay since. A tattered little deed confirms that rum production on the estate was well underway in 1703.
Part of the annual limited edition 1703 range that was launched in 2009, the 1703 Master Select features some of Mount Gay's rarest rums in the blend. A mix of copper column and copper pot rums, aged for at least 10 years, presented in a wonderfully elegant bottle.
Maple syrup, pineapple, banana, cinnamon, oaky vanilla. A fabulously lengthy finish, with a pinch of tobacco.
700ml | 43%
Stay tuned! Subscribe for our newsletter
Sign up for our mailing list to receive new product alerts, special offers, and tasting events.